My husband announced last night with glee that we can finally see the floor in our study!
This is the first time this is true since we moved in…and I am not admitting to how long ago that was. I am so excited that we are going to get to use this room soon as it has basically been a storage facility!
Last week I decluttered the first corner and now the second corner is complete!
I wish I had taken a before picture that showed the mess behind the red chair, but sadly I didn’t. There was a mess back there! Now I still have a bunch of pictures, frames and mirrors that will be hung in the Fall when we fully decorate this room (and others), but other than that it is cleared out!
Two more corners – two more weeks – and the room will be done decluttering! Yippie!!!
To manage this project I collected about one bag of garbage and one bag of items to be donated. Everything else found its proper home somewhere else!
I am so excited! What tricks do you have for decluttering?
On a side note:
I am going to do this again because I think it is a fabulous way to discover new blogs and meet other bloggers.
According to these rules, you are supposed to list 11 facts about the person behind the words. So here are 11 facts about me:
- I am in my forties (how did that happen?)
- I live in suburban NY
- I have two stepsons
- I have an amazing husband
- I began blogging 2 weeks ago and love it!
- I am spending time improving myself and hopefully the world around me
- I love the beach
- I love to laugh
- I would like to participate in a 5K this summer – and by participate I mean walk, not run…and not be the last to finish!
- I love to travel
- I have some big decorating projects in my near future that are scaring me silly!
1. Where was your most favorite place to travel to? Turks and Caicos
2. What did you study in college, and what is your profession now? Studied psychology, but I am a marketing professional.
3. Favorite word? Happy
4. If you had to leave earth, what three things would you take with you? My husband and two stepsons (although their mother may have a small issue with this!)
5. Blonde, brunette or redhead? Brunette
6. Favorite childhood cartoon? Jetsons
7. What’s the story behind your blog name? The plan was to share information that I thought was important
8. Who is your role model and what have you taken away from them? I don’t have one specific role model, but I do look to people who are living happy, fun-filled, successful lives.
9. Winter or summer? Summer
10. Favorite cuisine? Unfortunately, all!
11. If you could choose an animal that represents yourself, what would you be? Dolphin
I am going to stick with the theme of my post and include blogs that I am following that focus on organization and decorating (which my study will be getting soon enough!)
For the nominees and those interested in the Liebster Awards, the rules are at the bottom of the post.
Thank and link back to the person(s) who nominated you and display the award
– Answer their 11 questions the nominee asked
– Give 11 Random facts about yourself
– Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
– Notify the bloggers you chose for the award
– Make a list of 11 different questions for you nominees to answer (I would like my nominees to answer the same questions!)